10.19.2010

St. Catherine's at Bell Gable Chapel

I've been photographing weddings at St. Catherine's at Bell Gable Chapel for the past 14 years. Of all the current wedding photographers in Northwest Arkansas, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head (please correct me if I'm wrong) who has been continuously photographing weddings there that long. Even after taking pictures there as many times as I have, I still find joy in returning to this tiny Chapel; one of Fayetteville's best kept secrets. Although many, many couples get married here, I would imagine most Fayetteville residents don't even know it exists. The Chapel is only open to the public on Sunday afternoons but it's well worth a visit if you haven't experienced the Chapel and grounds before. From I-540, take the Porter Road exit and drive west. In a mile or so, turn left onto Stone Chapel Lane. Cross the rustic one-lane bridge and you're there. You can read about the Chapel's history here.

I was privileged to photograph two weddings at St. Catherine's on Saturday, October 9th. First was Rachel and Joe's ceremony and small reception there on the grounds of the Chapel. Congratulations to the two of you! I'll post pictures from the other wedding I photographed there that day this week. Stay tuned! Here are some faves from Rachel and Joe's wedding:











Ceremony: St. Catherine's at Bell Gable Chapel
Cake: Rick's Bakery
Photography: The Hudsons

No comments:

Post a Comment