12.30.2009

Christmas Cards - 2009

Posted by Kori

I absolutely love Christmas cards. Cards of all kinds, really, but Christmas cards hold a special place in my heart! For several years now, I have taken great delight in every step of the process. Some people think it's a pain, but I enjoy every last bit of it! From picking the cards out, signing them and addressing them to neatly pressing a stamp in place on the corner of each envelope, each step fills me with a feeling of immense satisfaction.

This year I had the pleasure of getting to have fun with not one, but TWO lovely Christmas communiques! First up was Jamie and Joe's card. For theirs, she picked out this photograph:





She had described to me what she wanted, and I decided that it would be way more fun to have something original than to use a standard template. I had a perfect picture in my mind of what I was wanting to do, but I needed some raw material to start with, so I turned to my trusty iStockPhoto for help. There I found these two illustrations:






From those, I was able to create a cute border for their card! Here's a digital preview of the finished product:





As cute as the digital version was, the real-life version was so much better! We had them printed on thick pearl cardstock, and I absolutely loved the way they came out!






I even through in a Christmas-y version of their wedding logo on the back of the card for good measure!





When I was done with her card, I was left with the daunting task of figuring out what to do with ours! I really wanted something that would be fresh, fun and original and that was a good reflection of our family. I think I managed to accomplish it! We decided to go with fold-out accordion cards, also printed on the pearl cardstock.





It was laid out with 4 sides on the front and a collage of photos on the back. Here are digital previews of the layout:









And here's what the actual hard copies looked like!







It was a lot of work, but the finished product made me so happy that it was well worth it! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas... We'll have photos of some of our adventures to follow soon!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:24 PM

    Those are the coolest Christmas cards I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for our card. We loved it. You did an amazing job on them

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was probably the cutest Christmas card I've ever received. You two are so creative. Hope you had a fantastic holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your Christmas cards, they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete