7.15.2009

Krystin's a Senior!




My sister Jamie and I recently made a little road trip to shoot some really fun images of our cousin Krystin, who will be graduating from Mena High School in 2010. I think this shoot really sums up our style of "senior portraits." It's a little different from most of what you'll see out there in the senior world. Less cheesy/model-y (which if you are cheesy or model-y, that's great, but if you just want to be yourself can be a bit awkward), and more lifestyle/editorial. Our goal was for the pictures to really sum Krystin up at this point in her life. I absolutely love the results! Here are a few of our favorites:








This is what happens when you let your crazy cousins take your senior pictures! : )




This next one is not just us being "cool" by photographing Krystin in a distressed urban setting (although we have been known to do that!), it's actually a shot of her alongside some of the tornado damage in downtown Mena. The twister hit her hometown the night before they were supposed to have their high school prom.





We also went to Krystin's house to do some of the photos. We got some of her hanging out with her dogs, and also took some of her in her room. We wanted her to be able to look back on these years later and be able to see her hanging out in her "space." An interesting sidenote: the paintings hanging up in her room (with the amazing red walls) were both done by Krystin. So talented!








These last four were from a series that was especially fun to shoot for Jamie and me. Krystin is a lifeguard at the pool where Jamie and I pretty much grew up. Our Dad used to manage the pool in the summers, and Jamie and I spent every minute there from the time we were kids until partway through college. I so wish we had some photos like this of us at the pool to look back on! It was great to get to go back for a visit.







Thanks, Krystin, for driving us all over town in your awesome El Camino for these. We had so much fun! Any rising seniors out there? Drop us a line if you're cool enough to be interested!

5 comments:

  1. I love these! I wish you could have taken my senior pics, although I guess that would've been tough since we were in the same class. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pics! They turned out so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures
    Of course you had a great subject to work with
    Hard to believe that my grandaughter is that grown up
    She is a very pretty young lady
    Thanks again for doing these for her
    "GPatt" (Patt Huner)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma Gray4:17 PM

    Fantastic pictures. How can I order some?

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pics and thats a nice el caMENA

    ReplyDelete